Before Your Laser Treatment: Do‘s and Don’ts
Before your laser treatment at Lasers In Medicine there are essential guidelines to ensure your safety and
optimise the effectiveness of the procedure. Please adhere to the following do’s and don’ts before your
– Disclose Any Previous Injectables: Inform our staff about any injectables, such as Botox and Fillers,
you’ve had within the last 3 months.
– Inform About Tattooed Makeup: Let us know if you have tattooed makeup, e.g. lip, eyebrow, or
– Notify Health Changes: We want to know of any changes in your health, such as new medications,
antibiotics, recent or planned procedures, treatments or surgeries, inform us beforehand.
– Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Disclose if you are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
– Comfortable Clothing: Wear comfortable clothing to your appointment for ease during the procedure.
– Follow Pre-Treatment Guidelines: If instructed, stop taking fish oil and using retinol products 7 days prior to your
appointment. Avoid sun exposure for 4 weeks leading to your appointment.
– Plan Around Events: Many of our procedures have downtime so make sure to schedule your treatment
to avoid sun exposure post-procedure. Also, plan around holidays or events to facilitate proper recovery.
– Shave Area: Shave the area to be treated the day before the procedure.
– Regular Skin Checks: Ensure that you have had a skin check in the past 12 months for any textured or
pigmented lesions to know it is able to be treated.
– Sunscreen: Wear SPF 50+ everyday!
– Artificial Tan: Do not apply artificial tan within 2 weeks of your appointment. It must be fully
removed prior to any laser treatment. Laser treatment will not proceed if there is any trace of fake tan on the skin.
– Remove Makeup: If you are having any laser to the face, do not wear make up to your appointment.
– Skin Exfoliation: Do not physically exfoliate your skin within 1 week of the treatment.
– Active Cold Sores: If you have an active cold sore, reschedule your laser treatment to 2 weeks post
– Feeling Unwell/Sick: If you are feeling unwell or have any illness symptoms, please reschedule your
– Booking Other Procedures: Refrain from booking other procedures or treatments, like facials, microneedling, microdermabrasion or hair removal 2 weeks pre or post your laser procedure.
– Children Not Allowed: We kindly ask that you do not bring your children to the appointment.
Lasers In Medicine reserves the right to decline treatment if it is not in the patient’s best interest. Your safety and optimal results are our utmost priority.
For any questions or concerns regarding your laser treatment, feel free to reach out to us. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to providing you with exceptional care.